Working to serve you better!
Dear OACETT Members,
Members were recently sent a communication regarding an increase to membership dues. This increase was approved by Council on November 25, 2022 and comes into effect as of January 1, 2023. While dues were frozen during the pandemic, this increase was necessary in order to retool OACETT so we can keep moving on a positive, progressive road to remain competitive, current, and steadfast in delivering top-notch programs and services in a continually changing landscape.
As we continue to work on growing our membership offerings to serve you better, I wanted to provide a snapshot of the many initiatives current, and future, that OACETT is working on:
- New OACETT website – easier to navigate website that provides a user-friendly experience.
- New CTEN website – better job search features, making posting and searching easier.
- Salary Survey – release of the 2022 salary survey to assist members with negotiating their salary and compensation.
- More CPD offerings – to fit the needs of all OACETT's disciplines at prices that are affordable to members.
- Government relations – working on increasing OACETT's presence with key provincial ministries to significantly improve awareness of the contributions of Certified Technicians and Certified Engineering Technologists to safety and the Ontario economy.
- More affinity partners – Adding services from large providers with multiple discount offerings on everything from cell phone plans to shopping, attractions, and health care across the province.
- Municipal Infrastructure designations – the creation of two new designations for inspectors and contract administrators within municipal infrastructure projects. These are the first of their kind in Ontario and possibly North America.
- Podcast – the Tech Takes podcast was launched this month and will continue to bring interesting and relevant programming in 2023.
- Member Survey – conducting a member survey through a third party to gain critical feedback from our members on OACETT programs and certification.
- Technology Stewardship Practice Program – the launch of a new CPD program that is becoming an industry-standard in conjunction with Engineering Change Labs.
- Asynchronous Professional Practice Exam (PPE) study guide – the creation of this guide to assist students and colleges utilize the PPE in their school curriculum without having to modify current college courses.
- FARPACTA Changes – OACETT reports compliance to the Ontario Fairness Commissioner (OFC) as per the Fair Access to Regulated Professions and Compulsory Trades Act (FARPACTA) requirements. Legislative changes to FARPACTA this year resulted in mandatory changes to regulators' processes to reduce barriers for applicants, particularly international applicants.
The following is a list of dues increases by membership category:
|Revised Dues - from Jan 1, 2023 |
|Membership Category||Annual Dues||HST (13%)||TOTAL|
|Associate|| 295.00|| 38.35||333.35|
|Full-time Post Secondary Student|| 66.95||8.70||75.65|
|Retired|| 98.38|| 12.79||111.17|
|Road Construction|| 98.42||12.79||111.22|
|Dual Membership Within Canada (Certified Members only)|| 98.37||12.79||111.16|
|Other Professional Associations - P.Eng./Architect/OLS/P.Geo.|| 98.36||12.79||111.14|
|College Professor (Full-time employment)||136.25||17.71||153.96|
|College Professor Other Association (Full-time employment)||75.66||9.84||85.50|
* The small differences in the dues are an administrative mechanism to help OACETT more effectively track payments among the different membership categories.
To renew your membership, please login to the Member Portal.
Should you require assistance with billing, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our office will be closed over the holiday season starting on the afternoon of December 23, 2022 and reopening on January 3, 2023.
If you have any questions for OACETT not related to billing, don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly at email@example.com or 416-621-9621, and we would be more than happy to assist.
Cheryl Farrow, MBA, CAE
Chief Executive Officer