Job description, résumé and references
OACETT uses your job description, résumé and references to assess your experience for the technician or technologist category. If you’re not currently working or not working in your discipline, write a job description from any previous job or write us a letter advising us of your situation.
How to prepare the job description
Write a detailed job description for your current position. Your supervisor, manager or other responsible person must attest to the accuracy of this job description by signing each sheet. Your job description should:
- Include your job title, section, department, company, the date you started your job and the name and title of the person you report to.
- Describe the various functions of your job using action terms. Indicate the relative importance of each function. Indicate the approximate percentage of your time spent on each function.
- Describe how your work is assigned, evaluated or checked.
- Specify how you influence the activities of others. Do you have supervisory responsibilities? Indicate the number of people involved and their functions.
- Include all parameters of your job, i.e. budget responsibilities, number of staff supervised or managed.
- Indicate equipment, test procedures, etc. that you use in your job and how you use them.